- Insulation: Because 90% of the tissue consists of gaseous matter, the density of cork is extremely low giving the material wonderful insulating properties; thermal, as well as acoustical.
- Resiliency and elasticity: When cork is subjected to pressure, the gas is compressed and volume decreases considerably. When released from pressure, cork recovers very rapidly to its original shape, giving cork flooring a wonderful cushion underfoot feel.
- Durability: Cork is remarkably resistant to wear, as it is less affected by impact and friction that other hard surfaces because of its cellular composition.
- Impermeability: The presence of Suberin, a natural waxy substance, renders cork impervious to both liquids and gases. As a result, it does not rot and therefore may be considered the best seal available.
- Hypoallergenic: Cork does not absorb dust and consequently does not cause allergies.
- Fire Retardant: A natural fire retardant, cork does not spread flames and does not release toxic gases during combustion.
Floating Cork Flooring
12″ x 36″ tongue-in-groove floating floor. Cork flooring is harvested from the bark of the cork tree which grows back completely in 9 to 14 years, making it a completely renewable flooring resource. Cork has natural fire resistance, won’t rot, is dent resistant (recovers quickly from depressions), provides a cushion for standing and falls, and comes in a variety of colors and styles.
Specifications not available currently