Thermco Application Process
1) Planning and Prep - Your local certified Thermco representative will carefully examine the structure to be insulated prior to beginning the project. They will also coordinate scheduling with both the masonry and general contractors.
2) Drilling - Once the block pattern has been determined, the Thermco installer will carefully drill holes in the appropriate seams to insure proper penetration and flow of the foam during installation. Thermco Foam can also be top-filled if drilling holes is undesireable.
3) On-Site Quality Control - An experienced installation technician is required to check the texture, weight, and density of Thermco Foam to ensure top quality and performance. This test is repeated randomly throughout the process as an on-going quality control measure.
4) Filling - A certified installer pumps in the foam under mild pressure until it begins to appear at adjacent holes, insuring a complete fill. In multi-story applications, Thermco Foam will be installed every eight to ten feet of wall height.
5) Clean-Up - The nature of Thermco Foam allows for quick and complete clean-up of the small tails that back up out of the installation holes. These small bits of foam are welcome evidence of a complete fill.
6) Patching - Once the foam has cured, the holes are carefully patched with tuck point tools and mortar. The wall can then be painted, covered, or left as is.
©2005 Eco-$mart, Inc.